Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome to Gaming @Hopkins!

Hi, everyone. My name is Erik Mabry and I am the Gaming Technician for Johns Hopkins. What does that mean? Well, it means I am responsible for maintaining the various video game consoles scattered about the different units of the hospital. Whether the problem be as simple as a broken controller or as complicated as faulty wiring with the system, I'm the one you call to take care of.

In addition to keeping watch over all the different machines out there, I also spend time with the patients and even play games with them if they need to. I take great passion in my job and I want to do everything I can to really make it grow and to realize it's full potential. And that's really where this blog comes into play.

You see, in order to properly enjoy all the Playstations and Xboxes and Nintendos, you need to know and understand what they can do and most importantly, what are the best games for them. The aim of the blog is present an easily accessible tool for anyone to find out any information they want about these great machines. Information like what are the best games out there for the younger kids or what new technology is on the way that could maybe benefit one or more of the patients?

So in the coming weeks, be sure to check back regularly for updates and for important information regarding the fun and exciting pieces of technology. You can also follow me on Twitter @HopkinsGamer where I will inform everyone of updates to the blog as well as make short updates via Twitter itself. And of course, feedback is welcomed. Thank you.

No comments: